ढाँचा:Citation Style documentation/display
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- mode: Sets element separator, default terminal punctuation, and certain capitalization according to the value provided. For
|mode=cs1, element separator is a semicolon (
;); terminal punctuation is a period (
.); where appropriate, initial letters of certain words are capitalized ('Retrieved...'). For
|mode=cs2, element separator is a comma (
,); terminal punctuation is omitted; where appropriate, initial letters of certain words are not capitalized ('retrieved...'). To override default terminal punctuation use postscript.
- author-mask: Replaces the name of the first author with em dashes or text. Set author-mask to a numeric value n to set the dash n em spaces wide; set author-mask to a text value to display the text without a trailing author separator; for example, "with". You must still include the values for all authors for metadata purposes. Primarily intended for use with bibliographies or bibliography styles where multiple works by a single author are listed sequentially such as shortened footnotes. Do not use in a list generated by
<references />or similar as there is no control of the order in which references are displayed. You can also use editor-mask and translator-mask in the same way.
- display-authors: Controls the number of author names that are displayed when a citation is published. To change the displayed number of authors, set display-authors to the desired number. For example,
|display-authors=2will display only the first two authors in a citation. By default, all authors are displayed.
|display-authors=etaldisplays all authors in the list followed by et al. Aliases: displayauthors.
- display-editors: Controls the number of editor names that are displayed when a citation is published. To change the displayed number of editors, set display-editors to the desired number. For example,
|display-editors=2will display only the first two editors in a citation. By default, all editors are displayed except when there are four editors, then the editor list in the citation is truncated to three editors, followed by "et al." This exception mimics the older version of the template for compatibility. If a citation contains four editor names and one wishes all four editor names to display, "et al." may be suppressed by setting
|display-editors=etaldisplays all editors in the list followed by et al. Aliases: displayeditors.
- last-author-amp: Switches the separator between the last two names of the author list to space ampersand space (
&) when set to
- postscript: Controls the closing punctuation for a citation; defaults to a period (
.); for no terminating punctuation, specify
|postscript=empty is the same as omitting it, but is ambiguous. Ignored if quote is defined.