Improvements coming soon on Watchlists[सम्पादन गर्ने]
Sorry to use English. Please help translate to your language! Thank you.
In short: starting on June 18, New Filters for Edit Review (now in Beta) will become standard on Watchlists. They provide an array of new tools and an improved interface. If you prefer the current page you will be able to opt out. Learn more about the New Filters.
What is this feature again?
This feature is used by default on Special:RecentChanges, Special:RecentChangesLinked and as a Beta feature on Special:Watchlist.
Based on a new design, that feature adds new functions to those pages, to ease vandalism tracking and support of newcomers:
- Filtering - filter recent changes with easy-to-use and powerful filters combinations, including filtering by namespace or tagged edits.
- Highlighting - add a colored background to the different changes you are monitoring. It helps quick identification of changes that matter to you.
- Bookmarking to keep your favorite configurations of filters ready to be used.
- Quality and Intent Filters - those filters use ORES predictions. They identify real vandalism or good faith intent contributions that need help. They are not available on all wikis.
You can know more about this project by visiting the quick tour help page.
About the release on Watchlists
Over 70,000 people have activated the New Filters beta, which has been in testing on Watchlist for more than eight months. We feel confident that the features are stable and effective, but if you have thoughts about these tools or the beta graduation, please let us know on the project talk page. In particular, tell us if you know of a special incompatibility or other issue that makes the New Filters problematic on your wiki. We’ll examine the blocker and may delay release on your wiki until the issue can be addressed.
The deployment will start on June 18 or on June 25, depending on the wiki (check the list). After the deployment, you will also be able to opt-out this change directly from the Watchlist page and also in your preferences.
How to be ready?
Please share this announcement!
If you use local Gadgets that change things on your Watchlist pages, or have a customized scripts or CSS, be ready. You may have to make some changes to your configuration. Despite the fact that we have tried to take most cases into consideration, some configurations may break. The Beta phase is a great opportunity to have a look at local scripts and gadgets: some of them may be replaced by native features from the Beta feature.
Please share your questions and comments on the feedback page.
On behalf of the Collaboration team, Trizek (WMF) १३:१४, ७ जुन २०१८ (युटिसी(UTC))
Update on page issues on mobile web[सम्पादन गर्ने]
Update on page issues on mobile web
Please help translate to your language
Hi everyone. The Readers web team has recently begun working on exposing issue templates on the mobile website. Currently, details about issues with page content are generally hidden on the mobile website. This leaves readers unaware of the reliability of the pages they are reading. The goal of this project is to improve awareness of particular issues within an article on the mobile web. We will do this by changing the visual styling of page issues.
So far, we have drafted a proposal on the design and implementation of the project. We were also able to run user testing on the proposed designs. The tests so far have positive results. Here is a quick summary of what we learned:
- The new treatment increases awareness of page issues among participants. This is true particularly when they are in a more evaluative/critical mode.
- Page issues make sense to readers and they understand how they work
- Readers care about page issues and consider them important
- Readers had overwhelmingly positive sentiments towards Wikipedia associated with learning about page issues
Our next step would be to start implementing these changes. We wanted to reach out to you for any concerns, thoughts, and suggestions you might have before beginning development. Please visit the project page where we have more information and mockups of how this may look. Please leave feedback on the talk page.
) २०:५८, १२ जुन २०१८ (युटिसी(UTC))
उप-प्रस्ताव—१ (सम्भावित अनुलिपि पृष्ठहरू २)[सम्पादन गर्ने]
नेपाली विकिपिडियाको वर्ष श्रेणीमा रहेका ई.पू. लेखहरूमा समेत उल्लेखनीय जानकारी नभएको कुरा जानकारीमा आएको समुदायलाई पुन:अवगत गराउन चाहन्छु । ई.पू. लेखहरूलाई उपरोक्त प्रस्तावित कुन बुँदा अन्तर्गत राख्दा उचित हुने विषयमा आफ्नो तर्क राखिदिनुहुन समुदायका सम्पूर्ण प्रयोगकर्तालाई आग्रह गर्दछु । धन्यवाद--बिप्लब आनन्द (म सँग कुरा गर्नुहोस) ०६:२३, ८ जुलाई २०१८ (युटिसी(UTC))
- बुँदा (२) मा मेरो सहमति रहेको छ ।--बिप्लब आनन्द (म सँग कुरा गर्नुहोस) ०६:२३, ८ जुलाई २०१८ (युटिसी(UTC))
- उल्लेखनीय जानकारी त सन् र विसंका लेखहरूमा पनि छैन र म Tulsi Bhagatले मेटाएका पृष्ठहरूको कारण परिवर्तन गर्न आग्रह गर्छु।-BRP ever ०७:२१, ८ जुलाई २०१८ (युटिसी(UTC))
- बुँदा (२) भनेपछि "पृष्ठहरू मेटाउनमा" मेरो सहमति रहेको छ । धन्यवाद ! — तुल्सी भगत (वार्तालाप) ०९:४२, २८ जुलाई २०१८ (युटिसी(UTC))
नेपाली विकिपिडियामा नेपाली मितिलाई विक्रम संवत (वि.सं.) लेखे जस्तै अंग्रेजी मितिलाई सन् नलेखी इस्वी संवत (इ.सं.) लेख्नु उचित होला ।- निर्मल दुलाल (कुरा गर्नुहोस) १०:५४, ८ जुलाई २०१८ (युटिसी(UTC))
Consultation on the creation of a separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS[सम्पादन गर्ने]
(Please help translate to your language)
I'm preparing a change in who can edit sitewide CSS/JS pages. (These are pages like
MediaWiki:Vector.js which are executed in the browser of all readers and editors.) Currently all administrators are able to edit these pages, which poses a serious and unnecessary security risk. Soon, a dedicated, smaller user group will take over this task. Your community will be able to decide who belongs in this group, so this should mean very little change for you. You can find out more and provide feedback at the consultation page on Meta. If you are involved in maintaining CSS/JS code, or policymaking around adminship requests, please give it a look!
Tgr (talk) १०:५०, ९ जुलाई २०१८ (युटिसी(UTC)) (via global message delivery)
Enabling a helpful feature for Template editors[सम्पादन गर्ने]
The team working on TemplateStyles at the Wikimedia Foundation would like to enable TemplateStyles on this wiki.
TemplateStyles is a feature to allow non-administrators to write and manage CSS styles for templates. It allows contributors who edit templates to separate content and presentation. A good web practice that makes it easier to manage the layout of templates. If you don't edit templates, this will not have any impact on your contributions.
TemplateStyles is useful for a few reasons.
- It makes it possible for templates to work better on mobile.
- It cuts out confusion on where to apply CSS rules.
- Editing CSS is currently limited to administrators, which is a major barrier to participation.
- All stylesheets must be loaded on all pages (whether they actually use the page or not), which wastes bandwidth and makes debugging style rules more difficult.
You can learn more about TemplateStyles on MediaWiki.org. Technical documentation is also available.
This is an optional feature and no one must use it, but template contributors are encouraged to do so! Please discuss and let us know if there are any concerns. If there are no concerns we will proceed to deploy the feature on the 9th of August.
) २१:२८, ६ अगस्त २०१८ (युटिसी(UTC))
Interface-Admin Right fro Jayprakash12345[सम्पादन गर्ने]
There is on nomination on the विकिपिडिया:प्रबन्धक अधिकारको लागि निवेदन. I don't know which places is here better for nomination. So I left this msg on this village pump. Thanks :)--Jayprakash12345 (कुरा गर्ने) १८:१८, ११ अक्टोबर २०१८ (युटिसी(UTC))
function was deprecated in 2012, and will soon not be working. According to phab:P7840
there's at least one gadget using this function on your wiki, but it is likely it won't cause much of a problem anyway. We don't see this function being used much and this message is mainly to be on the safe side. There's a migration guide
that explains how to use
instead. See phab:T193901
for more information. /Johan (WMF)
०९:३९, २६ नोभेम्बर २०१८ (युटिसी(UTC))
Wikidata Bridge: edit Wikidata’s data from Wikipedia infoboxes[सम्पादन गर्ने]
Sorry for writing this message in English - feel free to help us translating it :)
Many language versions of Wikipedia use the content of Wikidata, the centralized knowledge base, to fill out the content of infoboxes. The data is stored in Wikidata and displayed, partially or completely, in the Wikipedia’s language, on the articles.
This feature is used by many template editors, but brought several issues that were raised by communities in various places: not being able to edit the data directly from Wikipedia was one of them.
This is the reason why the Wikidata Bridge project started, with the goal of offering a way to Wikipedia editors to edit Wikidata’s data more easily. This will be achieved by an interface, connected to the infobox, that users can access directly from their local wiki.
The project is now at an early stage of development. A lot of user research has been done, and will continue to be done through the different phases of the project. The next steps of development will be achieved by the development team working at Wikimedia Deutschland, starting now until the end of 2019.
In order to make sure that we’re building a tool that is answering editors’ needs, we’re using agile methods in our development process. We don’t start with a fixed idea of the tool we want to deliver: we will build it together with the editors, based on feedback loops that we will regularly organize. The first version will not necessarily have all of the features you want, but it will keep evolving.
Here’s the planned timeline:
- From June to August, we will build the setup and technical groundwork.
- From September to November 2019, we will develop the first version of the feature and publish a test system so you can try it and give feedback.
- Later on, we will test the feature on a few projects, in collaboration with the communities.
- We will first focus on early adopters communities who already implemented a shortcut from their infoboxes to edit Wikidata (for example Russian, Catalan, Basque Wikipedias)
- but we also welcome also communities who volunteer to be part of the first test round.
- Then we will reach some of the big Wikipedias (French, German, English) in order to see if the project scales and to address their potentially different needs.
- Even later, we can consider enabling the feature on all the other projects.
In any case, no deployment or big change will be enforced on the projects without talking to the communities first, and helping the template builders to prepare for the changes they will have to do on the infoboxes’ code.
If you want to get involved, there are several ways to help:
More ideas will be added on this page along the way
If you have any questions for the development team, feel free to ask them on the main talk page. You can also ask under this message, but if you expect an answer from me, please make sure to ping me.
Thanks for your attention, Lea Lacroix (WMDE) १३:०३, २४ जुन २०१९ (युटिसी(UTC))